OK you have come here because you don’t need the “Why” of http://OlderCitizens.wordpress.com. This site is a stripped down version. Watch a video once, then the second time pause the video and follow instructions. You can watch all videos first there is a lot of overlap.
Watch all videos full screen, don’t click on any links until you have watched the associated video. (You may have to turn up your volume) All links open a new tab.
- Go to WordPress.com.
- Think of a name and register it. yourname.WordPress.com is a good start
- Change the theme, Themes: Twenty Sixteen is a good theme and I recommend it. Go to http://thenameofyourblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin – Appearance then Themes and if its not there type in twenty in the search box. All the twenty family will come up they are all good. You can play till you get one you like. There are hundreds of free themes and you can change your theme very easily.
- Add a post.
- Change your Permalinks in Dashboard/Settings/Permalinks to Post Name
Your first post, go to thenameofyourblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin:
The forward slash / is under the question mark on most keyboards
- Open up the dashboard at /wp-admin
- Practice using the post editor
- Making a post (If you can use a word processor this is easy)
- Insert an image and a video.
- Keep all your images in your image folder
The video below is worth a watch it recaps and adds some detail I missed.
Thats all you need to get started.
Was this helpful? Need more? Fill out the form if you have a minute…..0